Hi friends! The past week or so I've had a bit of a tummy bug, so while laying low and taking care of myself, I also haven't been blogging. I've missed it! I am definitely feeling more myself today, so thought I would share a simple juice recipe that I have been loving lately. This juice has the most beautiful color, and the nutritional aspect is just as great. Let's take a peek at what I used, and the health benefits:
- Full of fiber, which in turn is great for your digestive system.
- Healthier, whiter teeth. Apples itself don't actually turn your teeth white, but they help you produce extra saliva that helps protect against decay and bacteria.
- Helps fight the effects of aging on the brain due to the neurotransmitter acetylcholine that is naturally found in apples.
- Have been proven to boost your stamina, in all regards.
- Excellent detoxifier, especially with the liver, kidneys and colon.
- Assists in lowering blood pressure.
- As most of us know, with all the beta-carotene, carrots are great for improving vision.
- With all the naturally occurring vitamin A, carrots also promote healthy, glowing skin.
- Can help with infection. You can grate a carrot and place on a would to help it heal quicker.
Turmeric (which I added after juicing)
- One of the best sources to fight inflammation, ranging from joints to organs.
- Neutralizes free radicals in the body.
- Great for heart health.
One of these days I will go more in depth about juicing, and my experience with it, but for now here is a simple recipe that is packed full of nutrients and tastes great! This is definitely one of those juices you would want to start out drinking, as opposed to a full on green juice that your taste buds may not be used to.
Apple, Beet, Carrot + Turmeric Juice, serves 1
2 medium apples (I used Gala) 2 medium beets 6 medium carrots 1 tsp. turmeric
Simply juice the first three ingredients in your juicer, and when done, add in the turmeric. Drink up!
Besides the great taste, my favorite part of this juice is the color. Isn't it incredible?
Do you like juicing? What's your favorite combo?
P.S. Tomorrow I have something reallyyyyyy exciting for you! Stay tuned!