Hi friends! Jumping right in today... I feel like so many people that I come into contact with have an "all or nothing" mentality when it comes to how they take care of their mind and body. Maybe I recognize it because it was something that I dealt with heavily in the past, and I can only imagine the emotional weight that may be on their heart? Maybe it's because now I know how good it feels to be in balance, and I couldn't imagine going back? Either way, today I am here to chat about the differences between balance and extreme.
- I'm going to be 100% vegan, gluten-free, low-sugar, and Ayurvedic ALL AT THE SAME TIME! No cheese, no caffeine, no sourdough, no alcohol, no eggs, no fun, only kale.
- I don't have X amount of followers on Instagram so I must be a total loser.
- That chocolate cake looks heavenly, but I can't eat it because it must have 3956310 calories. Oh, that's okay, I'll eat it anyway and run six miles tomorrow to make up for it.
- If I am not as enlightened as Deepak Chopra and Oprah combined, then I am doomed for failure.
- Fainting spells due to my body being in starvation mode.
- The "Fuck It" mentality. IE: "Fuck it, I had a hard day at work and deserve that huge plate of nachos and 7 margaritas!" When later you are guilt ridden, bloated, and left with a nasty hangover.
- Intuitive eating. Most times that naturally looks vegan, gluten-free, low-sugar, and Ayurvedic, but other times it looks like pizza and beer. Yay for choices!
- Knowing that the people I connect with in business and in my personal life are there for a reason.
- Chocolate cake can be delicious! Especially when mindful about it.
- Enlightenment is not a destination, it's a journey. Not sure if I heard that somewhere or made it up, but it really resonates with me.
- Listening to my body rocks! I nourish her with yummy foods, and treat her with kindness. Oh ya, I haven't fainted since!
- There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating nachos and drinking margaritas. However, taking into consideration why you're doing something is super important.
We all have a tendency to go to the extreme in some situations, and that's totally okay. We are human after all! The difference is recognizing why it may be occurring, and coming back to center. If balance is something that you want more of in your life I encourage you to make a list of all the things you want to feel and experience. Sometimes writing it down, letting it out, and recognizing what we really do what can do wonders.
If you are ready for transformation and want to have a more balanced approach in life, I have two remaining coaching spots available for the month of February, and would love to provide you with a consultation. I am here to support you in whatever way feels right to you, and can't wait to talk!