Happy hump day! Today I want to talk about investing in ourselves. Yesterday on social media I briefly shared about the importance of investing in ourselves, and today I want to go a bit more in depth.
For me, investing in myself is like saying, "Jen, you are worthy of providing yourself the best care possible." We are ALL worthy of providing ourselves supreme care, but often times investing in ourselves can fall by the wayside for one reason or another. If I were to have one intention as a coach and practitioner, it would be to guide my clients to know the experience of divine self-love and care. This is vital, and what I feel is the root of many other fulfilling experiences in life.
Side note: investing in yourself doesn't necessarily need to cost anything.
Caring for myself looks different all the time, so let's take a look at a few examples:
- Spending a few extra minutes when getting ready for the day. This has less to do about appearance, and more to do with how this makes you feel. I know for me that when I "get ready," I feel more productive.
- Taking a course, or attending and event or workshop to further your own personal growth or business.
- Saying "no" when your need to.
- Listening to your body, and providing her nourishment. Whether it is eating a bowl of roasted veggies or a bowl of ice cream. Taking a walk with your dog or lifting weights. Listening to what your body is telling you is a huge form of investing in yourself.
- Taking time to rest and relax. Whether it is going to be early, having a spa day, laying on the couch watching Netflix, or taking a nap, these experiences are important for rejuvenation.
- Making space in your life for more joy, fun, and happiness.
I could keep going on different ways to invest in yourself, but the main component is knowing your worth, and feeling that self-love and care on a daily level.
What does investing in yourself look like to you?
If self-care is something that you would like to deepen in, sign-up below to be the first on my workshop list for The Soul Connection Series, and read more about it here. We will be talking all about how to best care for ourselves in Nourish Your Soul: A Guide to Divine Self-Care, followed by a really fun Vision Board Workshop. Registration will begin next week!